There are only a few interesting tags in HTML. They are easy to learn. Here are a few:
- p - paragraph of text
- h1 - top level heading
- h2 - second level heading
- h3 - third level heading (and so on all the way to h6)
- strong - highlighted text - generally bold
- em - emphasised text - generally italic
Here are a few newer tags that were added in HTML5
- article - an article
- aside - content related to an article
- nav - Page navigation
Remember you must remember to close any tag that you open or you will get surprising results.
<h1>Here is my top level heading</h1>
<p>And a nice paragraph to follow.</p>
- Create a new folder (exercise2?) and an index.html file.
- Create a top level heading.
- Create a paragraph.
- Create some bolded text.
- Create some italic text.